Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge - Anything Goes

Hello Crafters! I've been intrigued by this embossing paste trend that keeps popping up on some of my favorite blogs. It seems like there are so many different things you can do with it. So I decided to order a couple of stencils and some embossing paste and give it a whirl! Here's my first attempt:

I could not believe how easy it was! I thought for sure that when I pulled off the stencil the paste would have bled through and smudged, but it came out so crisp. I wanted to keep the clouds fluffy so I didn't smooth out the paste very much on the stencil. I also applied my heat gun right away so that the clouds puffed up more.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with this cloud background at first. I tried several different things, but I kept coming back to the Sunny Side Up set by Paper Smooches. I stamped the kite onto red paper and two different patterned papers. I then fussy cut the patterned pieces and adhered them to the red piece. When I cut out the final kite, I left just a little hit of the red card stock as a border. I grabbed some red and white twine and taped it to the back of the kite. Using pop dots, I attached the kite and played around with the best placement for the twine. Once I was happy with that I added a couple of little stamped bows.

This little squirrel from Paper Smooches is one of my favorites. He's so versatile and I love to figure out what scenes I can place him in. I stamped him on kraft card stock and used some brown Prismacolor pencils to enhance his fur. I also stamped him on white card stock so that I could cut out his eyes. Once I glued them in place, I applied Crystal Effects to make them a bit shiny. After I fussy cut the little critter, I placed him on the card making sure his hands were attached to the twine.

Originally, I forgot to leave a place for a sentiment. I didn't want to add a banner or more paper so I decided to see if I could remove a cloud. Amazingly, it scraped right off. I used my adhesive eraser to remove any remaining residue. Super easy!

Here's a close up of some of the details:

I wish you could feel the card. The little clouds are fluffy and really add a unique dimension to the card. I can't wait to play with this technique some more!

I'm entering this card in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Anything Goes Challenge. Check out all of the other fantastic entries at the link below.

Thank you for stopping by today! Until next time!

Supplies: Paper Smooches Stamps - Sunny Side Up and Hang Ups; Recollections - Home Basics patterned paper stack; Memory Box - Cloud Cover stencil; Dreamweaver Stencils - white embossing paste; Paper Smooches - Peppermint twine; Stickles - Red and Diamond; Stampin' Up - Crystal Effects

 

1 comment:

  1. Great texture on the cloud. Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at the PS Sparks challenge.

    ReplyDelete