Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Autumn Wishes Card

Happy Wednesday! In honor of it being the first day of Autumn, I thought I would share a fall themed card. It also corresponds with a great challenge taking place over at The Paper Players where they've asked participants to "Create a Fall Scene." 

I absolutely love this time of year! The colors, the smells, the cooler weather...well not in Florida yet, but hopefully just around the corner. I recently purchased some pumpkin dies from Simon Says Stamp and I was dying to try them out. So here's my take on Autumn:


I started by die cutting a few of the pumpkins and using my ink blending tool to apply distress inks in oranges, yellows, greens and browns. I then found a nice neutral printed paper with a scripty background in my paper stash and used a stitched rectangle die to cut it out. It was a thin piece so I mounted tan fun foam on the back to give it more weight and dimension. I had picked up the plaid ribbon from a Michael's sale a few years ago and finally got to use it. It fit my color palette perfectly. I adhered it across my card base and then added my printed paper rectangle on top. Next I mounted the pumpkins using some foam dimensionals to give some depth.

For my sentiment, I die cut two small penants in both green and khaki paper layering them so that the green peeked out just a little bit. I stamped my sentiment in Dark Chocolate ink from Simon Says Stamp. I then used my Crop-o-dile to add an eyelet from my stash. The finishing piece was a bit of neutral twine. Once applied to my card I picked out some sequins in fall colors to scatter around.

Here's a look at the inside. I used more of the khaki card stock and  I didn't want to waste those other pumpkins I had colored so I gathered a couple in the corner. I think it turned out very fall!


Be sure to head over to The Paper Players and check out all of the lovely autumn and Halloween cards. I can't wait to make more! Such a wonderful time of year! See you next time!


http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2015/09/pp263-clean-and-simple-challenge-from.html

Supply List:




1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I love your beautiful Fall scene! Your distressed pumpkins look perfect on this DSP and the plaid ribbon is so fun! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete