Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, September 25, 2015

Sweet One Layer Birthday Card

Happy Friday! Today I'm posting a card for the new Lawnscaping Challenge - One Layer Card. This is a difficult one for me as I'm addicted to foam tape and sequins. I was inspired by a technique that Kristina Werner shared here where she used a technique called spotlight coloring. I thought it would be fun to try it out with my Copics.


I started by stamping a frame from Flirty Frames in the center and masked it off. I then stamped the cute little images from the Baked with Love set randomly. I grabbed my neutral gray Copic markers and got to work. After coloring all of the grayscale, I pulled off the mask and colored the cupcake. I had a little mishap during that coloring that was unfixable. Instead of coloring all the images over again, I decided to die cut out my mistake still leaving the front as a one layer.

For the instead, I heat embossed the frame out line in silver and recolored the cupcake image adhering it to the middle. I actually this this turned out better than my initial plan. I always like happy accidents!

Here you can see a close-up of the inside of the card. I could resist using Glossy Accents & Wink of Stella on the cupcake. I swear they are addicting!


Be sure to head over to the Lawnscaping Challenge below and check out all of the other awesome entries. I hope to do more of this challenge in the future as I just love Lawn Fawn products. The critters are just too cute!






5 comments:

  1. This is lovely!! Such a fun design! & I love the look of the white embossed on black! Gorgeous!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun technique! I love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you used the greyscale images, and highlighted the middle with such bold color! What a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card! The coloring is just awesome. I keep forgetting that windows are a great way to get depth on a one layer card, but you've just reminded me in high style.

    ReplyDelete