Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Monday, October 26, 2015

Too Cute to Spook

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I just can't believe how fast this year is flying by. For today's card, I was inspired by the current challenge over on the Lawnscaping blog called "Too Cute to Spook." Using some of the adorable Lawn Fawn products, I came up with this fun little card.



I finally had a chance to play around with the new Lawn Fawn set called "Booyah!" These little ghosts with their costumes are great. Lots of different options. I knew I wanted to make a card for my boyfriend so I picked the Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein ghosts. I started by doing a little stamp masking and then colored them with Copics. After fussy cutting the images, I added a few details like clear Wink of Stella and some Stickles to her white streak and his bolts. Here's a close up view. You can really see the shimmer of the Wink of Stella. Have I mentioned how much I love that stuff?


For the background, I used a die from WPlus9 that cuts and embosses little stars. I wanted a nice stitched border so I cut my star piece again using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die. I went back and forth on whether to ink blend the background or watercolor. I ended up doing both. I started with a wash of purple and blue watercolor dabbing it off with a paper towel to get some variation in color. It turned out very pretty and bright but since this was for my guy, I decided to ink blend black distress ink around the edges to mute the color a bit and make it more like a Halloween night sky. Once this was dry, I adhered it to a piece of silver glitter paper so you would see just a hint of twinkle in each star.

I created the sentiment with a alpha set and heat embossed it in white on a piece of black card stock. I trimmed a slant in the end and grabbed another sliver of the silver glitter paper for some added interest. I popped up this piece along with the ghosts using some black foam squares. All of that was then attached to a piece of striped paper and a gray card base. My finishing touch was adding a little enamel heart. I struggle with making masculine cards because I want to throw in all of the glitter and sequins I can! Overall, I liked the way it turned out and I'm pretty sure "my boo" will too!

Such a fun challenge! Be sure to check out all of the entries on the Lawnscaping Challenge Blog. Thanks for reading! Until next time!


http://lawnscaping.blogspot.com/2015/10/quick-and-fun-halloween-cards.html



No comments:

Post a Comment