Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, November 20, 2015

Rainbows and Unicorns!

Happy Friday! What better way to end the week than with rainbows and unicorns! Today I'm sharing a birthday card using an adorable stamp from Love Cynthia. She's a French designer who has some of the cutest sets. I bought both unicorn sets! I'm a sucker for anything girly, especially unicorns!

Here's my magical card:


I started by stamping the image on Copic friendly paper and colored it with some bright Copic markers. I fussy cut the little unicorn and then embellished her with some Pico Shimmer, Glossy Accents and Wink of Stella. I set her aside to dry and moved onto making the shaker frame.

I die cut a black frame from both cardstock and fun foam using two sizes of stitched rectangles. I sandwiched a piece of acetate between the two frames to create the shaker window box. I recently picked up a holiday foil 6x6 paper pack from Recollections that had a gorgeous iridescent foil. I decided to use that as the window background. It's so shine and pretty in person!

For the shaker contents, I mixed some of the tiny star glitter and sugar cube glitter from Martha Stewart. I sealed up the window using some strong red line tape to ensure that the glitter didn't sneak out. It's the first time I've used actual glitter in a shaker. Not sure how I feel about it. It definitely sticks to the acetate. Maybe next time I'll use my anti-static powder tool on the acetate first.

For the card base, I used a heavy weight white card stock and then layered two patterned papers including one with some sparkle. Before I adhered the frame, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto some vellum and wrapped it around the back securing with some tape. This is my favorite way to use vellum because you don't have to worry about seeing the adhesive.

Once the frame was attached, I added the unicorn using some foam squares. My finishing touch was a scattering of Sparkling Clear sequins. I think any little girl would just love getting this card. (Maybe any big girl too!) I'm submitting this for the Seize the Birthday Toppings Challenge which calls for "Vellum or Acetate." Be sure to check out all of the entries and thank you for stopping by!

http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/2015/11/vellum-or-acetate.html

I'll leave you with a close up of all the sparkly goodness:



My Supplies:


2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love a rainbow unicorn! Such a fab card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete