Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Monday, August 8, 2016

August Guest Designer for Stampingbella - Week 1

Hello crafters! I have such exciting news! I was asked by Emily over at Stampingbella to be a "Wonderful Wednesdays With..." guest designer for the month of August. I am so honored and I’m looking forward to becoming a part of the lovely Stampingbella community! I have always loved Stampingbella stamps. The images are so sweet and are a blast to color. My favorites are the Uptown Girls and Cool Chicks. Be sure to go check out their site below:



 For my first card I knew I had to choose "Owliver Loves to Celebrate." As you all know I have an affinity for owls and I thought this would be a great card to kick off the month with! I started by coloring Owliver with my Copic markers. I used glossy accents on his glasses and also a bit of clear sparkle pen on his hat. I then used a wonky stitches die to cut out the circle.

I wanted to use something unexpected and since one of my other hobbies is baking, I grabbed a classic silver baking liner. It was definitely too big as is so I cut out a circle slightly larger than the wonky circle and then used my fringe scissors to give it a little more texture. I really love how it turned out. It just give a perfect background to my little celebrating Owliver! 



I cut out a piece of patterned paper slightly smaller than my card base and adhered the baking liner and owl to the center. I stamped and embossed the sentiment onto a piece of coordinating cardstock and used a banner die to trim it down. Once I adhered that piece I felt I needed a little more piazza so I grabbed some Doodlebug sprinkles and scattered a few around the sentiment to highlight it. 

Here's a close up of little Owliver and the Copics I used to color him:





I hope you all check out the Stampingbella blog. They have some great features such as Bellarific Fridays which is a weekly challenge in which you can be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks! Click here for more details. 

Hope you all have a wonderful week and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies Used:

1 comment:

  1. I too am a owl lover. This is just way to cute. I love the glasses

    ReplyDelete