Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Monday, August 22, 2016

"Punny" Smoothie Card

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I was able to spend some much needed time in my craft room this weekend. I was searching around for current challenges and two inspired me to create this fun or should I say "pun" card!


I purchased the Lawn Fawn "So Smooth" set a while back and I was so glad I finally got to ink it up. Plus, I couldn't wait to turn that little blender into a shaker! Having been inspired by the sketch at Retro Sketches, I decided to make three pattern papers using the tiny fruit stamps in the set. These were all colored with my Copics and it took me a little longer than I anticipated, but the results were worth it! After I cut my patterned papers to the size I wanted, I choose some solid color mats to place behind them. This helped them stand out a bit and not blend too much together.

I used a Lawn Fawn stitched banner die to create the center piece that would hold the blender. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine ink and heat set it with clear embossing powder. Next, I stamped the blender image on Copic friendly paper with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink and after coloring it, I used an Exacto knife to carefully cut out my shaker window. I backed it with a small piece of acetate and cut tiny strips of foam tape to create the container for the shaker bits. I lined up the blender where I wanted it on the banner and used a pencil to draw a little outline. This helped me to know where to stamp the fruit that would be visible in the shaker window. I then choose some seed beeds in yellow, blue, red and clear. I sprinkled them onto the stamped fruit and adhered my blender on top. I felt that I needed to add a bit of a scene behind my blender so I stamped up a few more fruits and adhered them behind the blender. To ground the whole scene, I used a little bit of gray Copic to draw in a shadow. Here are all of the Copics that I used:


Before popping up the banner on top of the patterned papers, I grabbed three different colors of bakers twine and looped them through the top of the banner. Instead of a bow, I knotted the ends of the twine to secure them in place. There may be a lot going on in this card but somehow it works, lol! Here's a close up of the shaker:


As I mentioned I will be entering this card into two challenges this week, Retro Sketches and Lawnscaping Challenges. Make sure to go check out all of the fabulous Design Team cards. They are really inspiring!


I hope you all have a wonderful week and I'll see you next time!

Supplies Used

4 comments:

  1. What an ADORABLE shaker card! Love it!

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and sweet shaker card! So cute. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one of my favorite sentiments!!! HILARIOUS with the blender!! and it's a shaker!! SO CUTE!!!! i love it so much!!! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a punny sentiment!!!! Adorable! Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete