Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, September 2, 2016

Bellarific Friday with Peaches (September's Stamp of the Month)

Happy Friday Crafters! It's Bellarific Friday over on the Stamping Bella blog and today's theme is "Stitch it up." Also, it's time for the new Stamp of the Month and this month features the most adorable little pig named PEACHES. She's so precious! 


For this card, I decided to pull out my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and do some watercoloring. I used Bristol paper (which is my favorite for Zigs) but you have to be very careful because it's not a traditional watercolor paper so it doesn't hold water to well. I found I struggled a little bit with that on the background, but I made it work in the end. Once I had Peaches all colored up, I grabbed a wonky stitched rectangle die to cut her out. Here's a close up of the colors I used:


I let the watercolor colors inspire me and I choose a plaid patterned paper with peach and mint green. I then choose corresponding solid colors and a really neat off gold glitter paper. I ran the background piece of peach cardstock through my die cutting machine using a really neat stitched lines die. It doesn't cut through the paper but just leaves lines in a cool stitched pattern. I glued this to my card base. Next, I backed my little pig with the plaid paper and a strip of the glitter paper and mint paper. I adhered that all together and then applied foam tape to the back. I wanted this piece to stand out a bit. For the sentiment, I cut it into a banner like strip and then criss-crossed a strip of glitter paper and mint paper just to bring in more of the color scheme. I added a few enamel dots around the sentiment and used some Wink of Stella to give the ice cream a bit of shimmer. Here's a close up of the card:


I kept the card pretty simple and really tried to keep the focus on PEACHES. Again, she is the Stamp of the Month for September over at Stamping Bella. What that mean is that each month, one stamp is featured for the whole month and you can get 20% off of that particular stamp. You have until the end of September to take advantage of that offer. She's just too cute to pass up!

Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks, be sure to pop over to the Stamping Bella blog for more details.

 Bellarific Friday


For next week, the Bellariffic Friday challenge is a sketch. Here's your chance to join us!


Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies Used:








1 comment: