Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Candy Apple Halloween Card

Happy Thursday Evening!  Today's card is my first in what will be quite a few Fall/Halloween cards to come. This is my favorite season and I think because I live in Florida where we only have two seasons, hot and hotter, making Fall cards lets me vicariously experience another season! I was inspired this week by the latest Curtain Call Challenge - Candy Apple.



I used an adorably funny stamp from Sweet Stamp Shop called "Apples." I stamped it in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink on Copic friendly cardstock. I picked some red and green Copic markers and colored the little scene. I wanted the candy coating to look like shiny so I applied some glossy accents and set the piece aside to dry. I wanted to bring in the black & white polka dots from the inspiration photo so I grabbed a piece of glittery paper and die cut it with a circle die. I also cut the image with a smaller circle die once the glossy accents had dried.

I then cut some gray and white striped paper to add a little neutral background on the otherwise white card base. For the sentiment, I stamped it onto black cardstock with clear Versamark ink and used some white embossing powder to really make it pop. I adhered this along the bottom of the circles and popped it up with foam tape. To finish off the card, I used a few black enamel dots to add a little bit more interest. Here's a close up of some of the details:


Be sure to head over to the Curtain Call Challenge blog to see all of the wonderful entries. Have a great night and I'll be back tomorrow with another fun card share!

Supplies Used:





2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so fun (& funny, too!) Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is adorable! love that punny sentiment and the prefect use of dots and stripes. thanks for linking up to curtain call.

    ReplyDelete