Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Bellarific Friday - Sketch Challenge

Hello Crafters! The countdown to Halloween is on! I feel like this year is just flying. It's such a busy time for me at work so I haven't had as much time as I'd like in my craft room. I'm hoping after the next couple of weeks, I'll be able to breathe a little. Plus I have to get going on my Christmas cards. EEK! I can't believe I said that, lol!

Anywho, for this week's Bellarific Friday challenge, we were given the super fun MOJOBella sketck below to inspire us. I knew I wanted to use the new THE WIZARD, THE WITCH AND THE CAULDRON CHICKS stamp set so I had to get creative with how to position them. I didn't want to leave any of them out because they are too darn adorable!



Because the sketch had a vertical layout, I had to figure out how to incorporate all three chicks. I thought about how they might be in a castle with lots of books and knickknacks which means there would be lots of shelves. That would be the perfect place for a bossy little chick to oversee the other two while they performed their spell. I started by measuring where my shelf would go so that I could stamp the top chick along with the bottom two chicks. For my shelf, I cut thin piece of cardstock with a wood pattern and popped it with dimensionals. I used my go to Copic coloring combination of Simon Says Intense Black Ink and white X-Press It paper. 

Here's the colors I used:



I had two cute Doodlebug Halloween paper pads and they went perfectly with the chicks. I chose a striped one from the October 31st collection and the science doodles from Boos and Brews. I decided where they best fit and then cut them to match the layout. For the sentiment, I heat embossed it in white onto a piece of black cardstock and then popped it up with some dimensionals. For the finishing touches, I chose enamel dots in green, orange and purple and scattered them around. I also wanted to add some bling so I used Stickles, Glossy Accents and my Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen. Did I mention I'm addicted to sparkles?? Here's a close up of some of little details I added:


Hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the Design Team created. They are so creative and I look forward to seeing what everyone came up with for the challenge. Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is to MAKE A TAG! Hope to see your designs too! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon! 

Supplies Used:







No comments:

Post a Comment