Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Bellarific Friday - January Stamp of the Month!

Happy New Year Crafters! I'm excited to be back blogging again after a very busy December. Today I'm sharing a card for 2017's first Bellariffic Friday. The BellaBabes are using January's Stamp of the Month the absolute precious THINKINGOFYOUABELLA



I was excited to try my hand on a close up face image. It's my first time trying to create facial contours with just Copic Markers but it was a challenge I was ready to take on. I searched images to get a reference of where to draw lines to help create depth. I decided to use a different skin and hair scheme than I normally use.  To capture the fair skin, I choose R markers versus E markers and I'm in love with how it turned out! I also had to add a few freckles to her nose. For the eyes, I very carefully drew a thin line of green for her iris. I was worried it wasn't going to look right but I was surprised at how much of a difference it made. For her hair, I choose bright E's to create a very saturated fiery red-head. I think I will be reaching for this combo again. 

Here are the exact colors I chose:


Since the image is fairly large, I wanted it to be the focus so I used a stitched rectangle die to frame her. For the card background, I stuck with subtle patterns that were complimentary to her coloring. I popped the stitched frame panel up a bit with fun foam to further draw focus to the image. The sentiment that came with the stamp is fairly large and I couldn't get it fit exactly with my design so I decided to use just the "Thinking of you" portion. I cut that bit out and made a little flag end. Once it was adhered, I stuck a few light blue pattern heart enamel stickers from my stash that coordinated perfectly with the background. For the finishing touch, I added glossy accents to her lips and eyes. 

Here's a close up of some of the details:


Hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the BellaBabes created using this beautiful  image. Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is the fabulous (MOJO)bella sketch below! Hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon! 


Supplies Used:





No comments:

Post a Comment