Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Stamping Bella Release Preview - The Chick Who Was A Lamb

Hello Crafters! The Stamping Bella release date is almost here! As I mentioned yesterday this release is full of beautiful spring images that will all be available for purchase on Thursday, March 30th at the Stamping Bella shop. Today's image is a hilarious Chicks image called "The Chick Who Was A Lamb." He must not have gotten the message! I just love the Chicks line and this one is so fun!


I colored the image with my Copic markers using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink and X-press it blending paper. Next, I fussy cut the image leaving a little white border around the chicks. Let me tell you, this one was a bit challenging but worth it! Good news, this image has a coordinating Cut It Out die so you wouldn't have to fussy cut if you didn't want to! Here's a look at the colors I used:


Next I cut a A2 size card base and instead of using patterned paper, I decided to do a little ink blending as a highlight. I grabbed Broken China Distress Ink, a dot stencil and my Claritystamp Stencil Brushes. I really like using these brushes as they give a softer look than a blending tool. I first stenciled on the dots and then removed the stencil. I went over the area lightly with my brush to add a haze of blue to mimic the look of sky. I really liked how it turned out. It's a subtle effect that has high impact. 

I popped up the chicks with some foam tape and applied them to the edge of the card. For the sentiment, I stamped it onto a piece of coordinating blue card stock, cut a banner edge and wrapped it around the card base. For the finishing touches, I added stickles to the bunny ears and tail and then a bit of glossy accents to the chicks little beaks. Here's a closer peek at the details:


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog everyday this week for more sneak peeks leading up to the big release on Thursday, March 30th! Today's stamps features lots of precious Easter images. Those Squidgys! OMG! 

I'll be back tomorrow with THREE sneak peeks for you! So excited so share!



No comments:

Post a Comment