Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Stamping Bella Stamp of the Month for June

Happy June! I can't believe we are in summer and almost half way through 2017. Good news is a new month brings a new Stamp of the Month over at Stamping Bella. This month's stamp is an adorable Stuffies stamp called ELLIE LOVES PHANT and it's 20% off all month long! I love these little critters and I'm sure you will too! Click the link below for more information. 

=

This week's challenge was "free form." I stamped the image onto a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper using versafine onyx black ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I decided to use my Tombow markers for a little bit of watercoloring. I applied the marker directly to the paper then used a slightly damp paintbrush to pull the color out. These markers are so blendable with water and I love the contrast you can get with just one color. Here's a closer look of the colored image along with the colors I used. 


I made a conscious decision to go masculine with this design. So I chose to focus on the image and keep everything else simple. I selected a piece of blue striped paper and I cut it down to slightly smaller than an A2 size card. I then pulled out a circle die and cut a window near the top. I applied foam tape to the back of the striped paper and adhered my elephants to the center of the window. This gave it a little more dimension. 

I pulled out a bit of natural twine and wrapped it around the patterned piece securing it with tape on the back. I tied a double bow onto the twine string for added interest and texture. All of this was then adhered to a A2 size card base that I created from a piece of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock. Lastly, for the sentiment I stamped it onto a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper in Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder so that it matched what I had done with the image. 

Here's a better look at the dimension and details on the card. 


Hop over to the Stamping Bella blog and see what the rest of the BellaBabes created with this month's Stamp of the Month. It's so fun to see what all of us come up with for the same stamp. Also, if you would like to participate in Bellariffic Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellariffic Friday challenge is the fabulous (MOJO)bella sketch below! Hope you join along and create something with us! Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon! 








No comments:

Post a Comment