Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Bellarific Friday Sketch Challenge

Hello Crafters! I hope everyone has had a wonderful week. It's been a bit overcast and rainy here in Florida so I decided for this week's Bellarific Friday challenge I'd bring in some sunshine with a bright yellow palette. This week's challenge was the fantastic MojoBella sketch below and I decided to play with the adorable Tiny Townie Garden Girls Daffodil. She's so sassy and fun! 



I started this card by stamping my image in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink onto a piece of X-Press It Blending Card. This is my go to combo for coloring with Copic Markers. This was a simple image to color and it used a limit number of Copics. To make it pop a bit more, I pulled out a couple Spica glitter pens and used the dot technique to add shimmer and texture to the shadow areas. It actually looks like her dress could be covered in sequins in real life. The camera just can't pick that detail up. Here's a look at the colors I used. 


After completing the image, I used a stitched rectangle die to cut it down to size. I next focused on the card panel. I grabbed a piece of bright yellow cardstock that I had in my stash and cut it to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 which is the exact size of an A2 card. I then used a double stitched circle die positioned on the corner of the yellow cardstock. I ran this through my Big Shot and because it was a double stitched die, it left the stitching detail on the negative piece which is what I was using. I then decided on a patterned piece of cardstock, cut and adhered it my card base. I applied foam tape to the back of my yellow piece and adhered it to the card base. Now I had a fun peek-a-boo window and some neat dimension to my card.

I next adhered my image piece to the card base matching the sketch in the challenge. I had to use both foam tape and tape runner since a portion of the image is over the window area. For the sentiment, I wanted something that was vertical so I chose to go with a simple "THX" using a few die cut letters. I cut them out on a scrap piece of X-Press It blending card and grabbed the same green Copics I used in the image to color an ombre on each letter. I like creating my own colored cardstock like this when I need something to match perfectly to an image. It's quick and easy. I adhered those into place, again using a mix of foam tape and tape runner. For the final touches, I covered each letter in Clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen and glued on a few little yellow sequins.

Here's a close up view of the card and you can almost see the sparkle those Spica pens add to her dress!


Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog and see the rest of the Design Team created using this sketch as inspiration.  If you would like to participate in Bellarific Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details. Next week's Bellarific Friday challenge is to make a THANK YOU or THINKING OF YOU card! Be sure to use any CURRENT Stamping Bella stamp. Have a wonderful day and I'll be back soon!


Supplies Used:





No comments:

Post a Comment