Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Friday, October 27, 2017

Bellarific Friday - Fall Photo Challenge

Happy Friday! The countdown is on to Halloween and I just had to create a spooky scene for this week's Bellarific Friday challenge. We were provided the gorgeous photo below as inspiration and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to create a colorful fall tree! 



I knew I wanted to create a card that gave a nod to one of my favorite Halloween movies, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" so I stamped the SQUIDGY GHOST TRICK OR TREATER stamp in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink onto X-Press Blending Card and colored him with my Copic markers. I then fussy cut the image and ran a black marker along the edges to hide any imperfections in my cutting. 

Next I focused on the background since that was going to be the focus. I cut a piece of Neenah Dessert Storm cardstock to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I then die cut a tree from the MFT Spooky Scene Die-namics from black cardstock. I figured out where it needed to positioned and I adhered it flat. Next, I pulled out the beautiful Cartwright Sequins 16mm Leaf Hologram Mix and started adhering them using Ranger Multi Medium Matte. After they had completely dried, I grabbed a few Copics and created a stippled background to fill in the scene.

I popped up my little ghost with foam tape and thought the scene could use a few more details. First, I decided to die cut a moon from the same MFT Spooky Scene Die-namics, colored it with Copics and a layer of clear Wink of Stella glitter pen and adhered it above the tree. I wanted to create a bit of moonlight so I pulled out my copic airbrush system and lightly added some glow around the moon and down through the tree to the Ghost. I then added one more little element. I stamped the bat from the LITTLE BITS HAUNTED HOUSE OUTDOOR décor set and colored him with Warm Gray Copics. 

To give the card a little something extra, I cut down the panel 1/4" on the top and bottom. I then matted it with a fun Halloween patterned paper and adhered everything to a A2 size card base. I really love how dimensional and sparkly those leaf sequins look. Here's a closer peek:

Copic Colors: Ghost - C3, C1, C00, B60, 0; Shoes - E79, E77, E74; Pumpkin - YR68, YR21, YR15; Skin - E0000, E00, E11; Bat - W7, W5, W3;
Moon - Y35, Y11, YR21; Background - YR21, YR15, Y35, E71, E74, E77

Be sure to check out the Stamping Bella blog to see how the other Bellas gained inspiration from the photo. The blog is just full of gorgeous fall goodness! If you would like to participate in Bellarific Fridays for a chance to be entered into a monthly drawing to win some Bella Bucks click on the link below for more details.


Next week's Bellarific Challenge is FREEFORM. Just to sure to use a current Stamping Bella Stamp and your imagination. I hope you all have a fantastic night! Be back soon!

(P.S. Inlinkz the service I used for my product links is going out of business. I'm in the process of trying to find a new service. The one that is replacing Inkinkz is not user friendly. Once I find one I promise the links will be back! Thanks for your patience!)




1 comment: