Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Stamping Bella Holiday Release Sneak Peek #1!

Hello Crafters! Today I have something super fun to share...a sneak peek from the upcoming Stamping Bella Holiday Release!! You guys are going to LOVE the cuteness in this release. I had so much fun working with the new images and I can't wait for you to see it all!

First up is a beautiful backdrop stamp appropriately named WINTER backdrop and the most adorable stamp ever called  LITTLE BITS “WINTER TREE” and “DEERBALL." 



The second I saw the "Deerball" I knew I had to make him slide down the hill! I started by coloring the Deer and the background using my Copic markers. I then fussy cut the deer, leaving a small white border around him. I trimmed down the background panel to just smaller than an A2 size card base so that I could have a border around the entire image. I selected a sentiment from another Stamping Bella set called OWLIVER that I felt went perfectly with this card. I heat it embossed it just over the little house.

Before adhering the panel down, I grabbed a Lawn Fawn slider die and positioned it onto the hill. I ran this through my die cut machine and voila a nice little channel for my Deer to roll down. Next, I pulled out a spin & slide disc from MFT and adhered it to the back of my Deer. I positioned the disc into the slider track and then adhered a small circle I had punched out from white card stock on the other side of the disc. This now allows the deer to spin and slide up and down the slider channel.

Next I applied a double layer of foam tape to the back of the background piece being careful to leave enough space around the slider channel. I find that a double layer of foam tape ensures that the image will slide more freely. Once that was complete, I attached a piece of plain white cardstock to the back so that the white would help make the slider channel blend into the background. Then I placed tape runner all over the panel and adhered it to my card base which was covered with piece of navy subtly patterned cardstock. 

For the finishing touches, I added some clear stickles to the snow back to give it a glistening feel. I also used  Frosted Lace stickles to add a snow effect on the roof top and trees. I love the way this looks when it dries. Instant snow!

Here's a look at the little Deerball in action!


Click below to check out the Stamping Bella blog where everyday this week there will be more sneak peeks leading up to the HUGE holiday release on Tuesday, October 10th! I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak peek for you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment