Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Stamping Bella Holiday Release Sneak Peek #2!

Hi Crafters! Today I have not one, not two, not three but FOUR sneak peeks to share with you. Warning: This is a heavy photo blog post! The stamp sets that I'll be sharing today are the FIREPLACE BACKDROP, LITTLE BITS: SANTA’S MANTLE, LITTLE BITS Santa kids and PETS, and LITTLES-GINGERBREAD GIRL. Let me tell you, the Little Bit collections and backdrops are so much fun to play with. The combinations are endless and I truly enjoy creating fun little scenes. First up is a card that uses three of sets and allows you to peek into the scene before opening the card. It's a fun surprise for the recipient.




I started by coloring the fireplace scene with Copic markers. This was not a quick color, lol! I think it took me about an hour to complete. I tried to focus on the little details like the wood plank floor, texture in the carpet, and the personalize photos on the wall. Next I stamped all of the individual elements and colored and fussy cut each one. I didn't want a white border because it needed to blend in seamlessly with the background. In case you didn't do the perfect cut, be sure to run a black marker around the edges. This helps make the images look like you are an expert cutter! 

I wanted to give the fuzzy parts of the stockings and the hats some texture so I pulled out my Snow pen. This was one of my favorite purchases from last year. You color on the marker and then use your heat tool to puff it up. You think watching embossing powder set is magical, then you HAVE to try this pen! It's truly spectacular, lol!

After coloring and adhering the inside of the card, I turned my focus to the front. I cut a top folding A2 size card base from 110lb white card stock. I then grabbed a brick wall stencil and taped it down to my craft sheet. I pulled out several different brownish red Copics and decided to use my Copic airbrush machine to create the look of old bricks. I really love how this turned out! Next, I grabbed a window die and positioned it so that when you looked inside you would see parts of the scene. I ran the card through my die cut machine but made sure to open it up so it didn't cut straight through the back of the card. The window die came with some accessories such as shutters so I decided to use them all to create a three dimensional element. I adhered everything into to place including the inside piece and of course couldn't resist adding stickles and glossy accents to a few areas. 

Here are some better looks at all of the little details:

 Copic Colors: Garland - G85, G43, G46, R89, R39, R32, R35; Wall - E19, E09, E27

Copic Colors: Fireplace - E19, E09, E13, E55, E53, W7, W6, W5, W4, W2; Mantle - E29, E31, E34, W5, W4;
Fire - YR09, YR04, Y19, Y13, Y15;  Logs - E47, E44, E34, E30; Rug - R37, R35, R39, G46, G46, G40;
Floor - E37, E33, E31, W2; Wall - E53, E51, E50; Frames - Y28, Y26, Y23;
Cat - YR27, YR24, YR21, YR23; Dog - T7, T5, T3; Hats - R39; R37; R35

Next up was a super simple card made with the LITTLE BITS SANTA KIDS AND PETS set. These little kids are so adorable! I colored them up with my Copics and then used a double stitched oval die to cut them out. I recently bought a jar of WOW! White Puff embossing Powder and decided to try it on their hats. This powder has larger granules than your standard embossing powder so you have to heat set it first from the back so you don't blow it off your image. I applied versamark ink by using a versamark pen. I did have to do two coats of the puff powder to ensure full coverage. I don't hate the look but I definitely like the look of the snow marker better. I think the puff powder would look great sprinkled on trees in a nature scene, something where you don't need full coverage.



I chose a pretty blue cardstock and used a scalloped oval die to create a mat for the kids. For the background, I cut a piece of holiday patterned paper down to size and matted it with the same blue cardstock. I wanted  texture so I grabbed a coordinating ruched blue ribbon and wrapped it around the back panel before adhering it to my card base. I popped up the oval panel on the center of the ribbon. For the finishing touch, I add a little enamel heart in between the kids. Here's a closer look at the puff powder and other details:

Copic Colors: Skin - E00, E000, E02; Girl Hair - Y28, Y26, Y23, Y21; Boy Hair - E57, E33, E35;
Girl Clothes - RV17, RV14, RV13; Boy Clothes - B04, B06, B01, BG11, BG13, BG15

For today's last card, I used the LITTLES-GINGERBREAD GIRL stamp. What is neat about the Littles line is that the images are already put together for you. Easy peasy! You can build this same scene using the LITTLE BITS SANTA KIDS AND PETS set as well as the LITTLE BITS ELF set which will be shown later this week. But if you don't have the time or patience for masking, I definitely recommend using the pre-made Littles sets.  


After coloring up the image, I pulled out the snow marker again and created that awesome fluffy look on the hats and the dress. Next, I cut the image out leaving a small white border all around it. Now, if you don't have the time or patience for fussy cutting, almost all of these Littles and Little Bit images have coordinating Cut it Out Dies. Emily AKA Stamping Bella really thinks of everything!

Next I focused on my background. I decided to create a snow globe shaker card by using a arch die and free cutting a base. I backed the globe portion with fun patterned paper and filled the shaker window with a mix of seed beads, sequins, star, confetti and snowflakes. Before adhering the snow globe base which I cut from foil paper, I tied a piece of twine around it to give it a little something extra. I then popped that up right on the edge of the window. 

I adhered the image under the popped up base making sure it was center in the globe. For the sentiment, I die cut the word merry from red cardstock and the heat embossed Christmas in white onto a piece of black cardstock. I trimmed this down and then applied both of the words to the top of the card. Here's a better look at the card and all of the dimension and texture. I just love it!

Copic Colors: Skin - E02, E00, E000; Hair - E29, E25, E31; Dress & Hat - R29, R17, R14, T5, T3;
Cat - YR27, YR24, YR23, YR21; Cookie - E95, E93, E97, E99, W5, W2, W1;
Candy - YG17, YG25, YG21, YG23, R29, R17, R14, BG0000, BG01

Click below to check out the Stamping Bella blog where everyday this week there will be more sneak peeks leading up to the HUGE holiday release on Tuesday, October 10th! Enjoy the awesomeness from the rest of the Bella Babes! See you tomorrow for another sneak peek!



No comments:

Post a Comment