Where to Find Owl Be Crafty:

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Stamping Bella Holiday Release Sneak Peek #4!

Hello Crafters! Today's sneak peek is full of Santa images and the cutest reindeer EVER!! When I saw these little creatures, I just knew I had to stamp a gazillion of them. Okay well maybe not a gazillion but definitely 9! First up is the  LITTLE BITS Santa’s GIFTS set. 



Ahhh! I can't even with these reindeer! They are just so darn cute. I stamped out 9 little reindeer and I wanted to color each one a different brown so I decided to reference this awesome chart that the wonderful Marker Geek created. If you haven't heard of Marker Geek, where have you been? She's the talented gal who colors all of the Stamping Bella sample images and she's AWESOME! 

After coloring every little reindeer, I fussy cut each one. Let me tell you, this was not a quick and easy task. The good news is that the Cut It Out dies will be available so you will not have to labor like I did, lol! Once they were cut out, I took a Memento black marker and ran it around the edges you that the images looked like I cut perfectly. This is a great little tip to hide any mistakes while cutting. I also stamped and colored Santa, his sled and the presents and fussy cut each one. I then arranged them and adhered them together. 

Next I focused on the background. First, I cut a piece of Bristol smooth white cardstock then I pulled out Distress Oxide inks in Black Soot, Faded Jeans and Wilted Violet and ink blended them using a round foam tool. I love these inks and they blend like butter especially on the Bristol paper. After getting the look I wanted, I pulled out Copic opaque white and an old paint brush. I put a little bit of the opaque white on an acrylic block and added a little bit of water. I then used the paint brush to flick splatters onto the background. This is my favorite way to add "snow" or "stars" to background scenes.

Once my background was complete, I started to arrange Santa and his reindeer. The card base is 4x6 as I needed a bit more space than an A2 size to fit the scene. Once I had the images in place, I adhered all of the reindeer flat and added a bit of foam tape to the sled and Santa. I wanted to somehow connect the reindeer to the sled so I pulled out a spool of then gold thread. Next I carefully and meticulously glued and connected the thread to each little reindeer with Multi medium matte glue. Once that had dried, I stuck red and green gems to each one. 

I wasn't quite sure how to incorporate a sentiment, so I decided to go simple and cut Ho Ho Ho from a alphabet die in gold foil paper. I thought my Santa was missing something so for the finishing touch, I added Stickles Frosted Lace to his hat and coat. Let me tell you, this was not a quick card to make. I spent quite a bit of time getting it right but I'm so happy with the outcome! Here's a better look at all of the little details. 

Copic Colors: Sled - R39, R46, R24, R14, E27, Y26, Y13, Y11; Presents - YG09, YG06, YG00, Y17, Y15, Y11, BG18, BG13, BG11, B26, B28, B24;
Santa - R39, R46, R24, E11, E02, E00, T9, T7, T5, T2, T1, T0; Snow - C1, B0000, 0; Reindeer - See link above to Marker Geek's Chart!

Next up is the fantastic LITTLE BITS SANTA and his CHIMNEY set. What Emily AKA Stamping Bella has done is create tons of options. For example, you can create your own scenes using Little Bits sets or buy them already put together with the Littles set. For example, you can purchase the LITTLES  SANTA has ARRIVED set and not have to piece everything together like I did below. You choose whatever option makes the most sense for your crafting style and time.



I stamped and colored the Santa and chimney images with Copics. I then fussy cut each image and ran a black Memento marker around the edge. I added Marvey Snow marker to Santa's hat and coat and heat set it to create a puffy look. I'm just loving this for all my holiday cards!

Here's a look at the Copics I used for this image:


For the background, I ink blended Black Soot and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink to create a night sky. I then ran the piece through my Big Shot using the MFT Snowfall Vertical background die to create the snowy backdrop. For the roof top snow, I cut two pieces of white card stock using MFT Snow Drifts die. I created a A2 size top folding card base from a piece of 110 lb cardstock. I adhered the snowy night scene and before adhering the snow drifts, I stamped and embossed a sentiment from an older Stamping Bella set called RUDOLPH, THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, AND THE CHICKS. Once everything for the background was in place, I slid in Santa and his Chimney. To complete the scene I added Stickles icicles to the snow mounds. Here's a better look at the dimension:


Click below to check out the Stamping Bella blog where everyday this week there will be more sneak peeks leading up to the HUGE holiday release on Tuesday, October 10th! Today's peeks from the Design Team are sooo cute! See you tomorrow for another sneak peek!


No comments:

Post a Comment